Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Kind of Wonderful

After dinner Tuesday night we stopped by Walmart. Why? Because that's the kind of romantics we are! Anyway, I needed cardstock to wrap KB's birthday treats for the next morning and Office Depot was closed. Walmart it was. Better than the cardstock purchase was this. . .

One of my favorite 80's movies of all time. Classic plot: Boy and girl are best friends. Boy wants date with class babe. Girl best friend pines away as she helps him plan date. Boy best friend realizes, while on the date, that he really "loves" girl best friend. *deep sigh*

They just don't write them like that anymore. Oh, wait, yeah they do.
Anyway. . . $4. Can you believe they were selling that media happy for $4. My sweet and precious Honey didn't even blink when I squealed, "Can I please get this??" He just nodded as he kept on looking through the stack for something with guns in it to counter balance this purchase.

Wanna come watch it? We can wear our jammies and pop popcorn. . . and Kitty and I will remember wearing what they are wearing while all my other friends make jokes about what they are wearing.

6 comments:

april said...

That is one of my favorite movies...and I remember wearing that stuff too! My favorite line is at the end when she says "I wanted these" about the diamond earrings.

Tracie said...

I like that movie too. We used to have it on Beta tape. I was born in the 70's. Does that put me in the "club"? :)

Anonymous said...

I remember wearing what they wore in that movie - and clinging to it loooooooooooong after it was out of style. I love that movie, and Breakfast Club, . . . love eighties movies.

Glenda said...

Becky, I don't recall the movie,but then I am several years older than you. :) More than several, actually. However, I'd love to see it with you, if I were closer. Love, Glenda

Kitty said...

Excuse me???!?!?! I most certainly did NOT wear those clothes!!!! :)
This was my favorite movie for quite some time and I secretly harbored a desire to play the drums for several years because of it since I was always the "just a friend" sort of girl. Sigh...and yes, I will come over and watch. It's right up there with sixteen candles...jake = super-sigh.

Nicole said...

Who is it that had a crush on the star of this movie and then saw him on the Subway in NYC? Wait, was that you? Now I can't remember. The practical gal that I am, I remember being perplexed at the thought of spending your whole college savings on a pair of earings. I haven't changed much, I suppose.