Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cruisin

Do you remember back when I talked about turning 40 and NOT going on a cruise with three of my closest friends? I asked for alternatives. It seems that blog post sparked something in our dear family friend, Glenda, and she went and planned a cruise with her three dear friends. ( I guess they were celebrating NOT being 40)

My mom was one of the dear friends to go along. My mom. On a cruise. It's hilarious to me.

I have heard bits and pieces about the trip but felt a bit like I was missing something. It seems they were taking the Vegas approach "What happens on a cruise ship stays on a cruise ship". Well, thanks to other children of women on the trip (thanks, Penny) I now have evidence of the raucous behavior.

Nice, ladies! REAL Nice!
(And Kudos to Marcia for being an individual!)
Penny has more fun photos on her family blog here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't even tell you how much this makes me smile! so fun to see all those ladies having fun together - what do their tattoos say??

love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought about that trip last week while on vacation. I'd forgotten you don't wanna cruise. SO where is it we;re going? Maybe you can be the travel planner and it can be a surprise. Wouldn't that be a "trip!" Ha. Mo

Allison said...

that is SO fun! i love it! I think you should give cruising a try, btw. We are big fans!

Penny said...

so you're mom called my mom and said they were no longer friends because i leaked the pictures. but after my mom explained herself your mom forgave her. how nice... ha ha...

Debbie said...

I laughed out loud at that picture--how fun for your mom and friends. I guess she just couldn't stand for Andy to have gotten a tattoo and her not have one :). I'll be happy to cruise (or not) with you in a couple of years.

Anonymous said...

What's funny about this photo is that they all look like they're having fun, but are a bit nervous about being photographed with a tatoo. :) Love it.
And, lately my dreams have been of being on a cruise (for real), so if you need a cruise friend in a few years let me know. :) -Leigh Ann C.