Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers' Days

My Father-in Law is pretty great. I've loved him since I first met him. Bless his heart, I was already engaged to his son at that point.

Ours is quite a story really. Jeriald and I have done three weddings in our 9 years! He was best man in our wedding. 18 months later I attended his wedding to Linda (Jeriald's first wife passed away before I ever met her). And then a couple years later there was "little brother's" wedding. Yep! The family has grown every couple of years through weddings and births - it's a happy story.

One of the hard things about living in the Midwest is being SO FAR from family. I'm a fair piece from my folks, but Honey's dad is over 14 hours by car. Shaun (the little brother) lives in a Texas border town - 18 hours and 26 minutes according to GoogleMaps (and I don't think they included stops for three small children). Needless to say, Honey doesn't see his family very often. It makes me sad. It makes Honey even sadder. It makes Jeriald really really sad. Kicklighter men are tough men with super gentle hearts - sentimental to a fault. They love each other like crazy.

So, for father's day I gave Uncle Honey four days in south Georgia.

We gave Jeriald his sons.

Shaun's wife, Monica, gave Shaun his son - she flew in from Texas.

It has been sad to miss the fun and family but I have to say that every call from Honey has made me smile. Seems they are having a ball. I am so thankful he got to go.

And so thankful that women were present, Linda and Monica, to take and email pictures!
Hurry home, Honey!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wonderful Father's Day gifts all the way around!