Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Three days, 2 hours, who's counting?

Well, just a quick update - I am not Preeclamptic! YEAH!!! So, I can apparently wait until Wednesday to meet our new daughter. Monday is my last "non"-stress test, ultrasound and doctor's appointment and then Wednesday at 9:30 I am scheduled for a section. It's kinda surreal.


We are finishing up Kickin Baby's room. Koodos to my friend Meagan who wrote months ago to ask what creative thing I was doing in there. Up to that point I had been satisfied with just having a room ready and she challenged me to step it up a notch. So, we put some final touches on today. All that's left is hanging her initials but I won't post that till AFTER Wednesday!


We had our annual pumpkin party last night. We only invited a few couples and it was real laid back. It was a ball!! We carved pumpkins, ate pumpkin cake, drank pumpkin coffee - good times.


Next, I have a photo of my Little and Bubba reading the books sent home in Little's backpack by her resource teacher. Since they have gotten them "I'm a BEEEEEEG sisterrrrrr" and "Bubba is big bruther" can be heard echoing through our house. Again, good times.


Oh, and just a little tidbit - Little threw up on the bus Thursday and I had to go get her from school as soon as she arrived. She had no temperature and has been fine ever since, but we were driving down the road to her school yesterday and all of a sudden she said, "Threw up on the bus" - I guess now I know where it happened! :)


Lastly, this photo is mostly for the Cheely clan. I thought Bubba looked so much like Andy's baby photos I just couldn't help posting this. How cute is he??? I got him to stand on a stool and say, "You must be born again" but couldn't get it on tape. He was quite game to do the Lord's Prayer mixed with the ABC song today though.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's so soon! The room looks great-I like the yellow ric-rac. We'll be praying Wednesday and wishing we could be there to be the first ones to come to the hospital (awkwardly early like last time :)

Allison said...

Can't wait to hear the name you all have chosen. The room looks great. Miss those pumpkin parties!
I will be praying for you Wed. morning. Miss you, friend!

Anonymous said...

i love the traditions that your family has...and the baby's room looks great! you are so stinkin' creative!!

will be praying for you--and that you'll be able to miraculously enjoy your last few days and get good sleep!

Debbie said...

The room looks great! The paint/ric-rac is so cute! Can't wait to see those initials on the wall, too :). Enjoy this last few days! Wednesday will be here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you posted! so many things that I was curious about- I LOVE the room and can't wait to hear the initials. Wish we were there to welcome that baby-nothing beats getting to walk across the hall like when Little and Emma were born. We are hosting a pumpkin party at our house Tuesday and I was inspired by the kicklighter tradition. Love the costume on bubba- much love and all our prayers for Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Feeling so freaking cool that I got a shout out on your blog. Gonna give me credit that I named your baby, too? :)

BKicklighter said...

Meagan -
You didn't name the baby, silly, just accidentally typed the name! Come on!
Becky

Anonymous said...

We're teaching a "Love, Sex and Dating" class tonight but hope to be home in time to get a happy phone call with all her details! Bubba is cute but as cute as my baby pictures, come on:)