Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

Home stretch

So, I am scheduled to have this baby in 9 days - 9 days for Pete's sake. How hard can it be to make it 9 days?

So, today I went to the doctor for my weekly 2 hour+ visit. I had to lay on my back and side for ages while they tried to find the baby's heartbeat for the non-stress test. It turned out that if I bent one knee, stretched the other leg out, put one hand behind my head (and turned myself about) you could just hear KB's heartbeat (Kickin Baby). Talk about pain!!! So, just as the room started to spin and go out of focus, the nurse came back into the room to check on me.

Next was the world's quickest ultrasound and then the appointment with my actual doctor. Here I was told that my blood pressure was high. My blood pressure is never high. Still, it was today and that meant taking it again - just to make sure it wasn't the shock of gaining two pounds in the past week that made it go high. It wasn't the poundage, my pressure was actually high. So, my doctor made a call - he wanted me to go over to labor and delivery to the Women's Eval. Unit and they were going to do blood work and watch my blood pressure for a bit and see if the baby needed to come today due to preeclampsia! WHAT!!!!

So, I spent three hours in a hospital gown in a hospital bed watching E! True Hollywood Story while my bloodwork was run and blood pressure kept coming back super great. Everything came back fine, save some protein where it shouldn't be - I won't even go into what I have to do for the next 24 hours because of that! Then there are follow up tests on Wednesday and more next Monday - - -I am scheduled to deliver in 9 DAYS!!!! Heaven forbid they be calm and quiet 9 days :)

You know, I come from good ole Cheely stock and we always have had a flare toward the dramatic. I guess our little KB is starting out giving props to her roots!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry for all the time and stress before the little one comes-9 more days!!! and you'll be relaxing in the hospital being pampered :)

Angie and Wes said...

Becky-

We are so excited for y'all! We'll be praying for you and the arrival of your sweet little girl. Can't wait to see her beautiful face!

Anonymous said...

I am on call....ready to love on little and bubba should KB decide she wants to come on out! Are you sure KB aren't her initials?

Carin and Michael Schindler said...

I got excited talking to your husband about the KB drop- I was disappointed to realize it was Kicklighter Baby...I think? Or are you being tricky... 9 more days and we'll find out. I am praying for you all.

Debbie said...

Only a few more days to go! Sorry that this little one is making your last days long and stressful. Hope these last few days go quickly.