Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Tapped by Coralie

My friend, Coralie, did one of those survey things and then tapped me at the end to do it too.  I fell for it.  This sucker was long.  I'm not tagging anyone at the end.  Sheesh.

1. What is your name?

Rebecca Elizabeth Cheely Kicklighter  (can you beee-lieve how long that is? It is NOT going on stationary!)

2. Are you named after anyone? Whom? No and Yes.  There is that Rebekah in the Bible, but I don't think I was named after her.  The Elizabeth is a family name on my mom's side.
3. Were you a planned pregnancy? I don't know that.  I have never thought to ask that.  What kind of question is this??

4. Did you have a good childhood? Yep
5. What is your fondest childhood memory? Laughing at the dinner table.  My brother and I would laugh so hard we would get sent to our rooms to calm down.  As soon as we saw each other we would start laughing again and turn right back around.
6. Have you ever ridden on an airplane? Yes. Quite a bit.
7. Do you have any special talents? I can curl my tongue.  I know all the words to the Dora theme song.
8. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. Love it.

9. If you found out you had 24 hours to live, what would you do? Call my extended family and then just sit and hug my husband and kids. (seriously, Coralie, good call!)  I might spend one hour making one of those video messages to my kids telling them a couple of the things I hope for them.
10. Are you in love? Yep.  (Just for the record, I HATE the term "in love".  It connotates euphoric, dizzy headed, never argue, gaze into his eyes, "I can't eat" type feelings.  Obviously I can eat, so folks would think I'm not in love.  But, I love the man, I tell you.  Jeez - semantics.

11. Are they in love with you? Yep.  He has stopped eating.
12. What kind of car would you get if you could have it totally free of charge? Oh man. Honey would want me to say a Mustang but I just can't - on principle.  A Toyota Prius or a Ford Fusion. . .'cause I am practical like that and the Fusion has all that voice sync stuff and Honey really digs that.  (Honey needs a car, can you tell?)
13.  Who is your favorite singer/band? I would have to admit that I am still a big Steven Curtis Chapman fan.  I know, how 1990's of me.  I like music too much to narrow this down to one.

14. What is your favorite movie? I have seen The Cutting Edge more than any other movie.  But I love White Christmas, My Girl Friday, Pretty Woman. . . I like movies.
15. What is your favorite TV show? Castle. Hands Down.

16. What is your dream in life? I can't answer this question.  That's probably a problem.

17. How many pillows do you use? 1 (See Coralie - so much in common)
18. What do you wash first in the shower? My hair

19. What brand of shampoo do you use? What I got free.

20. What kind of perfume/cologne do you wear? I have a bottle of Happy that has been in my drawer since. . .I can't even remember it's been so long.  I should probably throw that out. Does perfume have a shelf life?
21. Do you have names picked out for your future children (if you are having any(more))? There is no plan for this question to apply to me.

22. Who is your hero? I don't know that I have a hero.  That's probably a problem.
23. What is your biggest regret in life? I don't know that I can answer this one at this stage of my life.  Next!
24. What is the longest amount of time you have been at the same job? I worked in the Briarwood Bookstore for four years.
25. Look to your left…name three things within your reach: Noel Piper's book, Treasuring God in our Traditions, a notebook. with notes for a workshop I'm doing this Friday, and a bunch of computer cords Honey had out for something.

26. Do you use a desktop or laptop computer? desktop
27. When is the last time you had your teeth cleaned? Last month - but seriously, I spent most of 2010 at the dentist.
28. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Walking
29. What is your favorite color? Red, or Navy
30. What is your favorite clothing brand? "It Fits and Flatters"
31. What is your favorite kind of soup? A seminary friend, E. Frickenschmidt, made this amazing chowder.  I love to make that chowder.  Where's my menu planner. . .
32. Name five people you can say ANYTHING to: My husband, my sister, my mom, April, my dad.
33. What did you want to be when you grew up? A nurse until I realized I don't like blood. . . or getting messy.
34. Are you what you wanted to be? Better.
35. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth? Yep.  Barney wins.
36. Are you a good speller? No. 
37. Where would you go on your “dream” vacation? How long do I have? Safari in Africa or Down Under.  Sigh.
38. Do you know anyone that has or has died from HIV? I don't think so.

39. If you could only watch one TV channel for the rest of your life, what channel would you choose? HGTV

40. Who would you like to see participate on Dancing with the Stars? Jason Bateman, but he's too popular for them to ask.  Natalie, from Facts of Life.

41. What was your best subject in school? English
42. How old were you when you had your first kiss? 17

43. Name one of the DUMBEST things you did as a child: made my neighbor eat dog poop mixed in water (we made stew!)
44. Where is your favorite place to be kissed? At the front door, on the way out, or first thing coming in. What? That’s what the question asked, right? (thanks, Coralie.  Good answer)

45. What is your favorite smell? Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, cut grass, Honey
46. Have you been drunk in the last month? Uh no. Actually, I haven’t ever been drunk.

47. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? Mike’s hard lemonade. I'm sure there's barely alcohol in it.

48. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Dr. Pepper, but I've quit soda.  Can you believe that???
49. What is your favorite video game of all time? Donkey Kong
50. What was the scariest time/event/moment of your life? Found my mom lying on the floor of our apartment at Gulf Drive and she wouldn't respond to me.  I thought she was dead or dying.
51. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone? A stockphoto mountain range.  I need to change that.
52. What is the main ringtone on your cell phone? Guitar intro from Jason Mraz's I'm Yours.
53. You win $100,000 in the lottery…what is the first thing you buy? Freeeedom (debt), down payment on house, car (see #12).
54. You find a wallet on the ground at the grocery store – there is no ID of any kind – it contains $500 in cash – what do you do with it? I’d go into the store and have them page to see if anyone lost a wallet. But seriously, why would a wallet have cash and no ID?

55. You are on vacation in Brazil. 2 men offer you $25,000 to smuggle a pound of heroin across the border – do you do it? HaHAHAHAHAHA! Uh no.

56. What TV show do you watch that you would rather not advertise to everyone (guilty pleasure)? Alright, I'll say it. . . Cougartown.  There.  I feel so much . . .better?
57. Do you cry easily? Used to in college - my friends would make fun a bit.  Now it's harder.  Medicine will do that to you.
58. What is your favorite restaurant? If you have read this blog for long, you know we love Chick-Fil-A.  Cheesecake Factory is a splurge favorite.
59. If a movie was being made about your life, who would you want to play the part of YOU? Natalie from Facts of Life. . . or Sandra Bullock.
60. Are you superstitious? Of course. We all are. I say stupid things like, “Don’t tell people our kids are good eaters. You’ll jinx it.” (hat tip, Coralie)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how many of my answers you stole verbatim. :-) Enjoy Castle tonight. :-)

Debbie said...

Love your answers. Thought you would be interested in knowing I saw "Natalie" on What Not To Wear recently. She was so funny!! I can definitely say that she is now a much better dresser :).

Allison said...

dog poop stew?

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Dog Poop? That is realy awful. I hope that victim did not have to deal with worms the rest of their life!
And, "I never let the water run!"
I'm so there!