Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Missing in Action

The largest stress on my plate was a workshop I taught last week on Traditions.  I was paralyzed by preparation. 

The workshop is done (more on that later) and I find myself in "make-up" mode.  I have to make up for lost time by doing laundry, cutting a stack of coupons, grocery shopping, straightening the house . . . on and on and on.

Those things seem boring to blog about.  If I had an Ipod Touch, I could blog from anywhere, right? Hmm.

Random things I would have told you if I had blogged on the spot:
1.  Bubba was so wired Monday night he couldn't fall asleep.  He finally went to bed at 9:30PM.

2.  Last night I found Bubba asleep in the middle of his floor at 6:30PM

3.  KB and I shopped for 3 hours yesterday - hitting five stores.  A beautifully planned circle was made, wasting no gas, only groceries and a magnet thing (for Honey) were purchased, 100+ of dollars saved.  KB was an angel through it all. . . until her cookie was gone at Schnucks.  The last 15 minutes of the 3 hours were touch and go but who could blame her?

4.  I have messed up my toe again - something with the joint this time.  The doctor gave me a huge shot of Cortisone on Monday.  KB had to go with me.  The nurse took her down the hall while I got the shot.  I was a good patient and SHE got a cookie.  Hmm?

5.  Bubba and Little sang in church this past Sunday.  They are no longer in the same choir.  Bubba sang Jesus loves me (complete with sign language) with the little people, and Little stood with the "big kids" while they sang a song from their upcoming Christmas show.  Funny story: They had the big screen down so we could see the kids more clearly.  This meant we got to see the back of Bubba's head the entire time because he was trying to see himself doing the motions.  Every time he would turn around he could only see the back of his head on the screen so he would turn around and face forward and then turn quickly trying to catch himself doing the motions.  Ridiculous.

6.  We got family portraits done and I can't wait to show you my favorite later tonight.

7.  I am now officially 15 minutes late starting my morning routine.  Gotta bolt. . .

1 comment:

annaj said...

Where is the family portrait??