Friday, October 1, 2010
Southwest - the fun (and informative) airline
1. The Weather Channel was started in 1982 by a man named Frank Batten, Sr. who lives in Norfolk, VA.
3. Girls send three times as many texts as boys.
4. There are 170 stores and 15 restaurants on the Miracle Mile (Chicago).
5. Build-a-Bear was started and has headquarters in Missouri
6. Complisult - n. a backhanded compliment. Sugar coated insult. (Use that in a sentence five times today and it's YOURS!) ex. "Your hair looks surprisingly good today."
7. The area in CA from San Bernardino to the desert of Palm Springs is the third most populous area in the state and is known as The Inland Empire.
8. The Marine Corps largest base is located just outside of Twentynine Palms, CA.
9. Carrot Top is still performing stand-up. You can see him in Las Vegas at the Luxor for $50/ticket. (I don't know what is more astonishing - that he is still performing or that people pay $50 to see him.)
10. There are 47,000 students at Tidewater Community College.
11. The Virginia Arts Festival is in it's 15th season.
12. Pacemakers are electronic devices that are ALWAYS permitted on Southwest Airlines. Remote Control toys are NEVER permitted.
Now, see how smart you are and you didn't even have to fly!
Maybe I should change the blog's tagline: "The Blue Hutch: Increasing your knowledge base, one post at a time."
Posted by BKicklighter at 6:39 AM