Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Vintage = Me

We have been cleaning out and getting rid of all kinds of things. You can tell Honey has felt overwhelmed in life because the need for order has overcome his sentimental nature!

One item we had to make a decision about was my childhood dollhouse. My parents? mom? parents? and I built the dollhouse when I was little (2nd, 3rd, 4th grade??). We put linoleum in the kitchen, mom made curtains for the windows, it was great. It has been sitting at mom's for YEARS and the elements have weakened it's structure. Bubba barely touched it and a set of stairs fell off. And then there is the fact that it is 30ish years old (FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE). It's an antique.

I came across the box of furniture and decided to go through it. Just as I did, children appeared from the four corners of our house and they set in to check out every piece. They played for an hour. Seriously. It was SO FUN to watch.

In the end, we sold it on Craigslist. A lady who restores dollhouses as a hobby bought it all. Sadly, that little house wasn't made for my children and the amount of work it needed was beyond the reaches of my arms. It's a bit sad. I do hope her grandchildren love it.

I kept the picture that was hanging in the living room. It was a wooden frame with a photo of me pasted inside. A sweet memento.

(I think KB snuck off with a basket of eggs and a scooter. Little thief.)

No comments: