Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birdhouse Anyone?


On a trip to Hobby Lobby several weeks ago, KB got it into her head that we were there to buy a birdhouse. To this day I don't know where the idea came from. Still, I listened to her talk about the birdhouse as we walked through the store and then, wouldn't you know it, we passed an aisle that had rows of unfinished birdhouses!

KB screamed with excitement. I scanned the rows and found that at the bottom there were little tiny houses for only $2. A bird starter home, if you will. I asked KB what color we were going to paint the house and she, of course, said, "Pink!".

So, we came home and she painted that sucker pink. It is sitting atop her dresser and looking adorable in her pink room. There's just no bird in this neighborhood that's going to live in it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wouldn't this little bird look so adorable sitting on that little post?

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80976AD.html

I wish I had enough time to whip one up for her - in pink, of course.

Julia said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite Bob Marley songs...Three Little Birds. You know the one that you think is... don't worry 'bout a thing.