Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Not too sick for lipstick

I feel awful.
I've been in bed most of the day.

Now, I don't feel awful because I have been in bed - I have been in bed because I feel awful.
My family all left for church at 9:15 AM and I crawled back into bed. The last thing I remember was hearing the van accelerate out of the driveway.

My next conscious thought was at 10:40AM when I thought, "I can't believe I slept so long. I need to get up."

Then the phone rang. I thought, "Who calls during church?? I am going to lay here and listen to the answering machine to hear who would call during church!"

It was Honey. It was 12:05PM. Honey was calling to say that we were supposed to go to a friends for brunch and could he assume that was a no go. 12:05PM!!!!!

I'd be in bed now except that KB has ceremoniously destroyed all of my lipstick. I have contacted my Mary Kay Rep (aka my sister) and ordered 2 new tubes of Raisinberry (my favorite color since my post college love affair with Clinique's Suede Suede) but it won't be here until my mom visits in Feb. This well-trained southern gal can NOT go three weeks with no lipstick.

What does that have to do with me dragging myself out of bed today? I have a coupon that expires today and a sale at Walgreens that started today that, when combined will produce a FREE TUBE OF LIPSTICK! And if one is going to buy a "make due tube" then a free tube is just what the doctor ordered.

The rush of it all just might make my head stop hurting.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Hey sick friend,

Sorry you are feeling poorly. Glad you got some extra sleep today.

You won my zippy bag drawing! I already made the one you ordered, so if you want to pick out one more, I'll make sure you get them very soon - either by getting together or just popping them in the mail. :)

Congrats!

Debbie said...

Hope you are feeling better and that you got your lipstick. Congrats on winning the zippy bags!

stephanie said...

What do you have???? I always think, "I wish I could get some bug so that I would have a valid reason for staying in bed" but then I get sick and I think "I would give anything for this to go away." It's never quite the vacation I expect...So sorry you feel crummy.

annaj said...

I almost called you Sunday morning thinking I might catch you at home with a sick kid!

Putting your lipsticks in the mail tomorrow!