Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Four Years Coming

Today my son spoke his most coherent sentence yet. I was on the front porch waiting for Little's bus and chatting with my sister on the cell. Bubba had gone inside and returned to my side, where I heard him say, "Momma, it's the rooster."

I turned to him and said, "I don't know the rooster."

He looked at me pretty hard, put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Momma, I broke the rooster."


This was one of four plates hanging on the wall to the left of our frig. The scene of the crime showed frig magnets, a stool, and a broken plate. My deduction is that he stood on the stool to reach a frig magnet and bumped his head on the plate - thus knocking it from it's hook and sending it to it's death. No worries. Every decorating show tells you to display things in odd numbers.

I am more shocked that the boy is four and this is the first broken dish.
I am even more grateful that he could tell me about it.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love that he confessed his crime right away AND that he put his hand on your shoulder!! Sweetness!

Helen said...

I rejoice with you at his language growth! Just wondering how on earth you ever fit in any therapy type work with him or Little - are you really structured? Or does the school just manage it? I know you have much better access to services over there than parents do here. I would find it hard enough to fit in, if I had to.