Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Housekeeping

1.  Leigh Ann - I have not forgotten you.  The mug is finished and will be mailed by the end of this week.  I am a slacker ---no, I am a mother.  Sorry.

2.  Alisa - Are you still in town? Honey said he still has your cross.

3.  When in Walmart and you decide you don't want something, do NOT walk all the way across the store to return it (especially if you have ANY children with you).  The best thing you can do is hand it to your cashier after saying, "Hi! How are you today? Your hair looks nice."  Just let them know you have decided against the item.  They have a procedure in place for stuff like that.  

This has been a Blue Hutch Service Announcement *wink*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to know I already do at least one thing right....I always hand my product to the cashier if I don't like the price, or changed my mind. I usually ask how she is doing, but I don't compliment her hair. I need to work on that. Have you seen some of those hair dos though? Should I compliment her nose ring or tattoo also? Here at the Fort Stewart Wal-Mart, a lot of the military wives have those.

P.S. Just a thought- not realted- I LOVE the movie "Where the Heart Is"....filmed at Wal-Mart. Have you seen it? Cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

No worries! I'm a mom too. Don't really know how you do all that you do in the first place, let alone pass it along to others. :) Thanks for thinking of me. -LAC

Annie said...

YES! I am so happy that I do #3!!!
Except I didn't know to compliment the hair also! I will make sure to do that next time! :)
But I do ALWAYS make a point to greet happily (even when I am not) and ask how they are doing. Because I always imagine they must be SICK of serving a million people every day, most of whom probably do not acknowledge them as anything more than one of the items they are scanning. (And, I AM very thankful for their work, so I DO genuinely value their helping me!)
I'm glad to know that some (like you) do appreciate it.
~annie
p.s. I must admit that when I do not do #3 (instead placing it in a random place in the store) it is because I am discarding SO MANY items (that I just realized I cannot afford to buy,) that I am actually embarrassed to hand all 10 of them (one by one) to the cashier saying "I don't need this...or this...or this....or this...." And yes, I know the cure for this is to stop placing "Good Deals" that I really cannot afford into my cart in the first place. I will work on that. :)