Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

"You Like Me! You Really Like Me!"

If you know me, you know that I struggle with giving importance to how much people like me. Oh, how I want people to like me! (Can you hear my brother snorting all the way from East Asia?) Well, tonight IT happened - I received a blog award. I know it's not like I got a blogging Oscar, but. . . okay, it is to me!

I am blushing.

I am verklempt!

And not only was I given an award, I was given it by my virtual friend, Megan, who is one of my blogging heroes. WOW! Thanks, Megan. I'm Honored.

Now I have the distinct honor to pass along the award to others I find inspiring in the area of creativity. But before I do, the rules:

The rules: I must tell you 6 things about myself and then tag/award 6 other bloggers whom I think qualify as “kreativ”. On to the six things. . .

1. I have stabbed myself with a pencil at three separate times in my life; each leaving a lead mark in my skin. Locations: Palm, wrist, nose

2. I worked for a summer as the drive-thru girl at a McDonald's in Destin, FL. I worked the breakfast shift and had to put the shake machine together each day

3. My most noteable crafts start with someone else's idea and I make it my own in some fashion

4. I forgot to wash my hair this morning. I got in the shower, wet my hair, got out of the shower, added gel and dried my hair. You read that right - no shampoo. We're talking about a BAD hair day, folks

5. My friend Jennifer was given a weekend away - alone - at a family cabin for the sole purpose of scrapbooking the entire weekend. What does that have to do with me? Well, besides causing me to sin, . . . THIS VERY THING sounds like a DREAM to me!

6. Tuesday is my wedding anniversary and we'll have been married 8 years. Wow

Now for the folks who inspire me. . . whose creativity feeds my own.

1. There's Jawan, who disciples her children daily in the art of creating. I am challenged by her stamina and laid-back style.
2. There's the Thrify Decor Chick whose name I do not know. She's all about sharing "simple, inexpensive ways to decorate your home" and that's speakin' my language.
3. I just recently started checking out Shannon. All of my children's female bus driver's will be receiving this as Christmas gifts. (there are five of them in total - female bus driver's, not children)
4. I love the Crafty Crow because they group so many great crafty ideas in one place so I don't have to blog surf quite as much.
5. The blog 30 Days is WONDERFUL for inspiration.
6. Denise at Little Ant Designs rocks my party world. That woman can throw a party, I tell you what.


Now I am off to bed. I can't copy create without my sleep. Thanks again, Megan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks you so much you are too kind...thanks for your inspiration!!!

Alicia Bradley said...

Yeah, Becky! Keep up your inspirational blog! Your my hero!

Jawan said...

Oh, Becky...have a wonderful 8th wedding anniversary. Isn't marriage grand? It gets better everyday. We married some great men, huh?

Thanks for the award and sweet words. I am flattered that you find me creatively laid back. I think that is most definitely who I am. Sometimes TOO laid back and my house suffers for it....as well as my kitchen table that's covered in glue, sharpie marker, and paint. Makin' memories...and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll be posting my 6 facts soon.

Don't forget that I am a great craft-thief, too.

Amanda said...

I am IMPRESSED!! A blogging award! Congrats!