Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

What God Did JUST for Little


Sunday night is "Kirk Kids" at our church. There is a Christmas musical that the children practice for, a time for learning rhythm, etc., doing crafts, and playing on the playground or in the gym. Little LOVES it. She gets to eat her dinner there and THAT is SO COOL, apparently. On the way in tonight a little girl called out, "Hey, Little." and Little turned and called out, "Hey Ella" while waving. Ella's response was to run over and say, "You wanna see what's in my supper bag?" I thought that was hilarious. Little looked inside, pushed up her glasses, and said, "I have dinner in MY bag."

Anyway, on the way home I was making up words to a WonderPets song and it led to a fun little conversation. Ming Ming really sings, "You won't believe when you see the greatness in me. Here I am world - I'm GREEEAAAAT!" Well, I made it through the "You won't believe when you see the greatness in me" part and then thought, "I'm not sure I like where this is headed when it is out of context" and filled in the words, "Here I am world - God's GREEEAAAAT."

Little: "You said God is great, mom."
Me: "I sure did."
Silence.
Me: "Little, what did God do JUST for you?"
Little: "God gave me a special brain."
Stifled cough/giggle
Me: "What else did He do? He died. . ."
Little: He died on the cross for my sins.
Me: Why would He do that?
Silence
Me: He died for you because He loves you so very much, Little. He died for your sins because He loves you and wants you to know Him.
Little: "God loves me so very much, mom"

*sigh*
So sweet.

Oh, when we got home I said, "Little, share with Daddy what God did JUST FOR YOU!"
Little: "God gave me a special brain, Dad."

*sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special time, Becky, for you and Little. It really touches my heart when you share the conversations with us between you and Little during your "teaching" moments. :) Have a great day! Love, Glenda

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful.