Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Answered Prayer

Since having Little we have grown in our understanding of the Lord in ways we never imagined. My understanding of the Fall is deeper, my understanding of what heaven means for all who are broken is bigger, my prayer life is deeper - - so much is different.

Another difference is my understanding of and need for the Body of believers, God's Church. The truth that we all have a place, we all have gifts, we all have a purpose, we all have "good works that He has prepared in advance for us to do".

1 Corinthians 12 is all about the spiritual gifts of God's people and how we need each other if we are going to live the abundant life here on earth. I pray verse 22 for Little.

Let me set it up for you:

12 "The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?
18 But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"
22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, ..."

Our Little may seem weaker to many, but my prayer is that she will be indispensable to the Body of Christ and the furthering of God's kingdom. He has given her special gifts and I weep to see them in play.

I am so thankful for her Testimony to His love for the weak, downtrodden, hurting . . . broken. Oh, that I may learn from her. . .



In that same vein, let me tell you the conversation (edited due to echolaic tendencies which would cause this post to be three feet long) in the car this morning:

Little: "I love God, Mommy"
Me: "I am so glad you do, Little."
Little: "We need to tell others." (quote learned at VBS)
Me: "You can tell others, Little. You can tell your new friends at camp today."
Little: "I'll tell my new friends I love Jesus."
Me: "You can ask Miss Britoni if she loves Jesus." (Britoni is Little's counselor)
Little: "I will ask Miss Britoni, 'Do you love Jesus?' today."

In the car on the way home from camp. . .

Me: "Little, did you ask Miss Britoni if she loved Jesus?"
Little, after long processing pause: "I asked Miss Britoni if she loves Jesus."
Me: "What did she say?"
Little, after long processing pause: "She said, 'YES!'"

How about that? INDISPENSABLE!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Out of the mouths of babes...."
She is precious in His sight.
Love, ~Mad

Debbie said...

Precious!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! God has big plans for her (and the rest of us too).

Annie said...

What a FABULOUS POST!
A fabulous prayer for your daughter, a fabulous series of pictures displaying answered prayer, a fabulous conversation to record!
I am inspired and encouraged!
Your Little is very precious!
It is so moving to see God using her in such big ways!
~annie

amy said...

made me cry. i'm in the middle of a study on the gifts and have pondered the weaker, yet indispensible alot lately. thanks for giving me such a great, tangible picture of it through your little. she truly is such a gift. and i haven't even had the chance to meet her yet! how much are plane tickets from atlanta??

lauren said...

becky-that was beautiful. i have a john piper sermon i'm going to look up and send you that you need to listen to regarding Little.