Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cupcake Bites

I play Bunco once a month with 12-16 girls. There are several reasons I enjoy this evening:
1. There is a monthly theme and we're supposed to bring a $5 "prize" in line with that theme. I love the personal challenge to get as much for my $5 as possible and to be creative in the process.

2. Two of my best friends in town are always there and I love being with them.

3. There is adult interaction and LOTS of laughter.

4. We all bring something to nibble - it's an opportunity to bake.

We played this weekend and I took the Cupcake Bites I had seen on the blog Bakerella and had been wanting to try. You start by baking a cake (mine was maybe the prettiest cake I have ever baked) and then you crumble that sucker up:
After mixing a bunch and melting chocolate a bunch and dipping a bunch I got this:
The yellow is a choice I would NOT repeat, but it was what I had. . . and I am all about using what I already have. Everyone seemed to enjoy them - the appearance and taste. It made about 4 dozen+ so I am going to take some to Little's class tomorrow for snack time. She is thrilled about the prospect but informed me that no one would like the blue ones.(?)

Despite the fact that many women commented on Bakerella that it was a lot of work to make these, I thought they were pretty simple and fun. Big bang for minimal effort (if your kids are napping).

2 comments:

Jawan said...

Oh my gosh...these look delightful! I'm going to make these ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Little means the ones with blue M&Ms. Very fun dessert/snack! Marcie