Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

the Spice of Life

Reading blogs can be addictive and time consuming. I am learning that it can also be motivating and provocative. Last month, the Organizing Junkie challenged folks to organize their kitchen. I missed that until the last day of the month - where was I? Anyway, she posted links to her favorite few before/after pictures and this one lady's spice organization really cranked my tractor. See, my spices are on a shelf too high for me to see well:
I took 30 min. today, emptied the shelf, cleaned out some OLD spices, and went to work. One thing you may not know about me is that I am a self-confessed Monica Geller sympathizer. That's right - I LOVE my label maker!!! So, this project was right up my alley and 30 of the most fun minutes of my day! Here are the results:


Now I can just pull out the container and spot my spice of choice - no hunting! I LOVE this! I think I'll go whip up something spicy . . .

9 comments:

amy said...

bring it on! i love it...

and i thought of you today when i got honeynut cheerios for $1/box. :)

Jawan said...

I also thought of you today when I went to the grocery store to do my first attempt at the grocery game. I wish you could have tagged along with me!

Laura said...

Now this is what it's all about and just warms my heart. I love that blogland allows us to help each other out like this. I really loved this idea as well and I'm so glad it works for you too. I had to laugh when you said it was the most fun 30 minutes of your life. I totally get that!!

Allison said...

I confess that I am jealous! How about you come to my house and organize/label my spices and I will come an vacuum your house?

Anonymous said...

What a great idea - sick, but great! HA!
~Mad

Amanda said...

You are a woman after my own heart...only you are a lot more motivated than me! LOVE the spice idea.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

"monica geller sympathizer"...now that cracked me up, Becky!! As a huge Friends fan myself, I'm wondering: have you seen the episode from Season 4 or 5 where Ross is dating a slob? Then, after he breaks up with the girl, the show ends with Monica showing up a the girl's apt, with a bucket and cleaning supplies in hand, and Monica says, "I'm sorry, but when Ross told me about your apartment, i just couldn't sleep until I knew it was clean." Love it!

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Gotta love that label maker!! I had a blast doing my spices, too!