Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Menu Planning Monday

Several of my friends from Birmingham often mentioned Menu Plan Monday on their blog and I wondered what the deal was. They are all in the same Sunday School class at church and I thought maybe this was some frugality pact they had made to hold each other accountable.

It turns out that
I'm An Organizing Junkie hosts this every week and TONS of women plan their menus and put links on her site so you can see what their family is eating. In some ways this is funny - I can know what 265+ women are cooking this week - but in another way it is GREAT! While Honey was out of town this weekend, I got lost looking at menu plans and reading recipes, learning about people's families and even getting a couple creative crafting ideas and laundry tips.

With my use of The Grocery Game ,I have fallen slack on menu planning and my family and finances have suffered for it. What's the point of saving money with the grocery game if I am not going to plan and use what we get. I think this is what these women refer to as "eating from the pantry".

So, I planned for this week. I LOVE planning. I only had five items to buy at the store this week to make all these meals happen - that is so GREAT! Here goes my first Menu Plan Monday entry:

Monday: Popcorn Shrimp, Cauliflower "Mashed " Potatoes, and steamed green beans

Tuesday: Brisket (brought to us by a lady at the church)

Wednesday: Cream Cheese Chicken (crockpot meal!)

Thursday: Tacos

Friday: Pizza Casserole


Sunday: (L) Pumpkin Pancakes (D) small group potluck at church

5 comments:

Carin and Michael Schindler said...

Becky -
What's in your cream cheese chicken Meal. I'd love to have the reciepe.

Bethany said...

I just wanted to say that I love your blog!!! I love the pictures, the tips, the tips and the tips. When my blog grows up it wants to be just like yours!!!

Debbie said...

I love seeing what other people do for meals! I will have to check out that site. I can't imagine actually telling my family that it is cauliflower, but I might have to try it :). We are having chili for supper and baked potatoe bar (with leftover chili) tomorrow night.

annaj said...

I also would like the cream cheese chicken recipe. I love using my crockpot!

Anonymous said...

So, what are we eating next week when I (Uncle Andy) gets there? Can't wait!!