Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I told you . . .


I did something I have never done before. . . I got up EARLY on Sunday and went to get the things we need so that the stores would have them in stock.  It was so quiet and the guy behind the counter actually came over to me and asked if there was something he could go get for me; he was soooo bored.

Anyway, you can see what I got in the picture above.  TP, pita chips, tea bags, hair clips, bath wash, 2 pack of razors, 2 packs of Crest, 2 Coffeemates, fish oil, markers, colored pencils (2), highlighters, 2 packs of erasers, and a pair of scissors.  Total before coupons, sales, etc:  $76.63.  Money spent: $18.75.  Total saved:$57.88 

Sure, on the way out I thought of two ways I could have done checkout that would have saved me a couple more dollars but I am not beating myself up.  My philosophy on all this is that I'll do the best I can to save what I can but it can't consume my life; after all, a dollar saved is spending less than I would have and that's the thing.

Have YOU gone shopping and gotten a good deal this week?

No comments: