Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Camp Variety - 2011

This year both Little AND Bubba went to Adventure Camp with Variety the Children's Charity of St. Louis.  

Bubba had a good time and loved his counselor, Emily.  He was not a fan of meeting in a different location each day AND he was so very tired by the end of the week.  SO VERY TIRED.  I think he'll do it again, but we'll see.

This was probably Little's least favorite year.  Her counselor was this gal (whose name I can't even remember - Honey just told me but I am not going to include it).  Let's just say the counselor really makes the week.  And then let's say that when I asked Little what she wanted to thank God for on Thursday night she said, "The counselors that wear purple shirts." She then proceeded to pray and thank God for four different counselors - none of which were her assigned counselor.  Hmmm.  I'm pretty sure she'll go again next year but I am definitely filling out the evaluation survey I got in my inbox this week.

While the week wasn't perfect, I do have to say that I feel overwhelmed with gratitude that this camp even exists.  My two special kiddos have the opportunity to do things they might not ever do otherwise and I am so very thankful.  God continues to bless our family and I am humbled.  It may not sound like it, but I am.

No comments: