Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Honey, Come Home

My mom was here last week.  It's been so long since I wrote anything on here (the blog) there is no way anyone would really know about her visit.  She was here four days.  We got a good bit done.  We didn't rush around.  It was a super time.

One conversation we had concerned Honey and the promise I had him make.  I asked him to promise me that, if I died while the kids are young, he would still teach them to make their beds in the morning.  I told mom this and then went into a dramatic monologue about how awful it is to walk into a bedroom with an unmade bed and I don't know HOW anyone can stand it, yah-da, yah-da, yah.

In response my mom (the woman who taught me to make my bed as soon as I got out of it) told me that the last time my dad was out of town SHE DIDN'T MAKE HER BED!!!  "HOW did you stand it?" I responded.  Drama.

Honey has been out of town this week and I practiced and discovered just how one stands an unmade bed.
(Isn't it sad all half made like that?)

The best way to handle/deal with an unmade bed is to not go into the room all day!
Denial. It's been working for me!
I can't deny I miss my mate.
Come home, Honey.  I can only deny for so long the "unmade" things your absence brings.

No comments: