Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Boys and Pants

In the past week and three days my son has put a hole in every pair of pants he owns except for one - the ones that are a bit too long.  Funny that he hasn't tripped and fallen in the ones that are a bit too long, BUT he can't seem to stay upright in the ones that fit right.

The thing is, while it was 89 degrees on Sunday, it was 56 yesterday and the high today is supposed to be 61; far from shorts weather.  The boy still needs long pants and his are all holed up.

Yesterday I was asking a friend who has older boys about what to do.  If it had been one of the girls, I figure I could do something cute with it but I wasn't sure what patch/repair protocol was for boys.  She didn't really have an answer, but she did tell me that Sears sells jeans with reinforced knees. Good. To. Know.

I was raised in a home where "we hate Sear's guts" (my grandad worked for a company that considered Sears their biggest competition), but now that I know they sell these (and they are presently on sale), I might have to cut Sears some slack.  Sorry, Grandpa.


Oh, and if you are wondering about patches and repairs for boys pants,  I also saw that they sell these  for $40/pair.  Basically, a few minutes of sewing and my son will look like I spent a fortune.  In actuality, his knees were what paid the price!

5 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Mar is so tough on pants too. He knees are shot in every pair she owns . . . .she may as well be a boy - they are boys pants that she has worn through. Actually, now that I think about it, she does't wear through her girls pants . . .hmm, strange.
My boy aren't so tough BUT the ones that do have holes are patched up and my children don't mind.
Also- ShopKo (if you have them in your area) has a program for kids pants; if your child wears them out before they grow out of them they will replace the pair of pants free. But you have to be a member of the "pants club" what ever it's called.

Melanie Z. said...

So funny. A couple weeks ago, Reuben literally did the same thing. I basically just resigned his wardrobe to having holey knees until permanent shorts weather, though. I figured it just went w/ the boy territory. Besides, it might warm up "for good" a bit earlier here than there. Not sure, but all I know is a) I'm not buying new pants this late in the season and b) I'm probably not going to do anything to patch up the ones he's got, either. And don't even get me started as to why my girls look like ragamuffins...but suffice it to say there are reasons. :)

Julia said...

Umm, SEARS...aren't those pants just called "Tough-Skins?"

Julia said...

They did a commercial in the 70's using toughskin jeans on a trampoline! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ci2ev8FZY

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you are aware of a Sears' policy-if your kid wears out their clothes, BEFORE they grow out of them-you get a BRAND NEW pair/item. Just ask the customer service rep/cashier. It would be GREAT for your family!

Blessings,
Stacy Ruska