Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life Lessons

This weekend I bought flannel to make jammies for Bubba.  Three "flavors" and oh so cute.  While reading a friend's blog I was prompted, by her own diligence, to wash the fabric before I sewed it. (No, I don't usually do this because I am lazy and apparently clueless.)

The fabric has been washed and ironed.  Today I set about updating my pattern (since Bubs has grown another size) and then began cutting the precious puppy material. 

It has become evident that the fabric shrank.  A lot.  So much that I can only get one pants leg out of it.  I am three inches shy of a second pants leg.

Which means the other two pants legs are, most likely, three inches short of a pair of jammies too.

D.  R.  A.  T

Lesson Learned

On the bright side, I am so thankful that I didn't make the jammies and then wash them.  I would have been out EVERYTHING at that point and the way it stands I only have to purchase enough for one leg.    And wash it.  And iron it.   Sigh.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I hate to wash it before I sew it, too. I like the nice crisp, "new" feel before it gets washed. You just don't get that with washing and ironing. :)