This weekend I bought flannel to make jammies for Bubba. Three "flavors" and oh so cute. While reading a friend's blog I was prompted, by her own diligence, to wash the fabric before I sewed it. (No, I don't usually do this because I am lazy and apparently clueless.)
The fabric has been washed and ironed. Today I set about updating my pattern (since Bubs has grown another size) and then began cutting the precious puppy material.
It has become evident that the fabric shrank. A lot. So much that I can only get one pants leg out of it. I am three inches shy of a second pants leg.
Which means the other two pants legs are, most likely, three inches short of a pair of jammies too.
D. R. A. T
On the bright side, I am so thankful that I didn't make the jammies and then wash them. I would have been out EVERYTHING at that point and the way it stands I only have to purchase enough for one leg. And wash it. And iron it. Sigh.