Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

New Effort

Mornings here are something else. 

After a few years of getting three kids ready and being places on time, I am in a bit of shock at the difficulty I am having managing my household.  Funny enough, it is because they are all doing so well with becoming independent - THAT'S the problem.  When they just laid around or sat still, it was much easier to get them ready.

So, the time has come to regroup and rethink and plow ahead with the goal being independence with obedience.  Cooperation.  One day - responsibility!!!! From my mouth to God's ears, I tell you.

Since visuals seem to be so helpful around these parts, I've put together new lists for the kiddos; reminders of what needs to be done before they can leave for school and what needs to happen before bed.  I am working on an incentive plan that will combine these expectations with weekly chores and opportunities to earn extra as well.  I have a lot of ideas but I need my husbands "cut through it"ness to help me finalize the process. 

Till then, here are the new charts. . . thought they might encourage someone else out there in similar shoes.  I can easily personalize one and email it to you. . . just let me know.

Bubba is the only one who has words on the list.  The list has a hole punched in the top and will hang on a hook beside the door with a dry erase marker on some ribbon.  (What fun's a list if you can't mark stuff off!)


Little:

KB

What secrets can YOU share that make your mornings go more smoothly?

5 comments:

amy said...

i would love a post from you about how your kids do morning devotions, please! :)

Anonymous said...

Prep what you can the night before - toys picked up and put away, clothes laid out, brk. table set, cereal out, etc., your part of the back pack done, i.e. things children have to take to school the next day already in the backpack, know what's for breakfast and have items needed so you don't have to come up with an alternative plan, pray about your morning before you go to bed. The success of your mornings will depend a great deal on your prep the night before. You asked. :) MM

annaj said...

Wow! That MM person sure is smart!

Laura said...

You may have just inspired me to do something similar! Can't say I have any tips...we're a traveling circus ;).

Julia said...

I think I need one of those for my own morning routine!