Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

KB at the Magic House

While the older two were at VBS last month, I took KB to the Magic House for the first time. I really wanted to take her alone so she could take her time and pretend as long as she wanted and I could play with her. It was such a treat. Super fun.

This dollhouse. . . I have walked by it every time we have visited the Magic House. I am not sure I really ever registered it was there. KB spent our first 20 minutes here. We sat there on the floor and arranged every room, moved the family through what I can only imagine was a typical day in dollhousedom, and I listened to my little girl talk to each doll with such drama. Super Fun.


The water room was the next favorite. It took her a minute to get her bearings but then she was all in to pouring, mixing, moving and shaking. I was surprised at how timid she was with the other children. She was very observant of others. Super fun.


And then there was a new exhibit - a baby nursery, funded by Children's Hospital. They had babies that, I promise you, looked just like newborns and were about the same weight as well. We clocked in and KB got all dressed. She received a clipboard with a list of things her baby needed to have done during her visit. Super Cute. Super fun.



Right after this picture my camera powered down due to my battery being "exhausted". (Lazy battery) So I have no pictures of April and Chloe who joined us for the second half of our adventure. No pictures of KB selling ice cream from the ice cream cart - her other favorite item in the House. No pictures of her "cooking" pizza, "shopping" for tomatoes and yogurt (?), and "fishing" with a cane pole. Super Sad.

Guess we'll have to go back. I can't wait. NOW I know why people have memberships!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a great place! I love the baby nursery part. A fun time for mom and daugther!