Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Lip Lovin'

Today was a roller coaster of a day. Bubba started summer school. Little started camp. I had the morning alone with KB - our first extended time alone together since she was born (I'm pretty sure).

KB is so strong willed it is killing me. Consistency with discipline is a MUST right now and it is so hard. She is so cute and smiles so sweetly. . . as she directly defies each instruction given her.

Bubba came home from school in the strangest mood. He was ultra distracted. VERY non-compliant (if that's not a word. . . it is now). VERY slow. VERY frustrating.

Little was so tired after camp that she was mostly no problem to anyone. She kept dozing off - while sitting, standing, eating. . . whatever. She finally said, "I want to go to bed." (This was at 6:30PM) I do say mostly no problem because she did have a spell of yelling at everyone. KB walked up to her and Little yelled, "DON'T TOUCH ME! WALK AWAY!" Bubba went over to her and she yelled at him. I sent her to the yellow chair to sit until she could calm down (her second trip to the yellow chair in ten minutes).

Bubba's approach of Little was during this second stint in the yellow chair. While Little is screaming I walk over, turn her face toward mine and begin to "explain" that we do not talk to others that way. We use kind words, a gentle tone, and love in our hearts (just like your mother is doing - right). Right as I got ready to say, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" she looked up at me and said. . .


"Mom. I really do love your lips."

My reply. . . "Thanks, honey."
What else does one say to that?
usta!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Too funny!! I am sure she was also listening to everything you were saying to her--right?? I would love to know what lipstick you use :).

amy said...

that makes me laugh...sounds like my evening with the meltdown gals. random thought, has she heard the "i love my lips" song from veggie tales? :)

~Mad said...

Whew! this only serves to make me tired - and grateful.
~Mad

Allison said...

this made me laugh out loud!(the lips part!) Oh how i can relate to KB and her stage. My precious little N threw a fit in Walmart today that you probably heard in your den. He looks right at me when I tell him not to do something and does it again. It takes A LOT to get him to yield his will. I am there with you sister...