Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Memom's Visit

In the beginning there were only the Kicklighters in their home.

Now the Kicklighter home was filthy and chaotic, dust was over the surface of the furniture and too many dishes were clogging up the kitchen cabinets.

And Memom said, "Let's make a plan." And Becky made a plan: Clean the kitchen, make curtains, switch out winter and spring/summer clothes bins. And the plan was made and there was talking and laughing and it was good - the first day.

And Memom said, "Let's get started on this kitchen." And after a trip to the grocery store for the week's supplies, the cabinets were emptied, noses were wiped, decisions were made on what to keep and what to store and what to get rid of. Some sewing was done on the curtains. Becky and Memom were in bed by 8:30PM - the second day.

And Memom said, "The curtains are too short. Let us buy more material so we can finish them off." Becky spent the afternoon running errands. Cleaning was done in preparation for the birthday party, the plan for the cake flopped and a new plan had to be created - the third day.

And Memom said, "Do you have any candles for Little's cake?" and thus began the rejoicing that my mommy was present for the birthday party. I did GREAT on the creative ditties but I am not a real details gal. We cleaned, we prepped, we cooked, we partied, and we slept. The fourth day.

Memom making pbj "tea" sandwiches. So cute!


And Memom said, "You want me to keep all three kids by myself for HOW LONG???" And Becky went to a women's council meeting for two hours. Upon Becky's return home, Memom fled the scene and went shopping all afternoon. There was a trip to the park and the curtains were completed - the fifth day.

So cute - and perfect with the blue hutch!

And Memom said, " I am not feeling well. I will go to church but may have to leave early to be sick." Church went well. Memom slept all afternoon. the Fifth day.

And Memom said, "I can't wait to see how they turn out." as we went to Penney's to get Little's five year old photos taken. And the pictures were taken and they were good *wink*. There was lunch at Chick-fil-a and then Memom kept the kids so Becky could meet with Bubba's "team" at school. It was a busy but productive sixth day.

Bubba's Teacher and Therapists


After lunch together at McDonalds we all drove to the airport.

And Memom saw her plane and knew her time in the Midwest was over and she said that it was very good. She boarded the plane, went home and rested.

**** Memom's trip did not look at ALL like her last trip. It was nothing like she dreamed it would be but it was PERFECT. The Lord knew what I needed and provided my mom to be here for "such a time as this". I am super grateful for His care for me and my mom's endurance. He is good all the time, eh?

1 comment:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Becky, you are so funny! I love the biblical vers-ology!!!!!!!!! I think I just made that word! (I can create too!)

Fun!