Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Whilst at Walmart - 5

I worked all day. Wal*Mart is an awkward place to work on Valentines Day. 
When someone comes through my line we chat, sometimes we comment on what they are buying, but I always end the transaction with "Have a nice day" or "Have a nice night". 

The very first customer through my line today was an older gentleman buying chocolates and a card and his comment to me was, "I'm late."  I knew I was in for an awkward day.  (My comment to him was, "My advice is that you don't hand her the bag when you walk into the house.") To him I said, "Hope it goes well."  Awkward.

Someone comes through the line with red sheets, 14 candles, and roses.  "Have a nice night."  Awkward.

Some guy comes through the line, buys a Dirty Harry movie and beer - "Have a nice night - alone."  Awkward.

I'm glad it's over.

No comments: