Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mommy Survey

My friend, Emily, tagged me on Facebook to do this survey. Thought I would just do it here and then cut and paste :)

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Pretty personal right out of the gate, eh Emily? Yep. Little was as planned as a baby can be when a sovereign God is in control. *wink*

2. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION? I, like you Emily, took four tests just to make sure I was pregnant. I took them all before I even told Honey though.

3. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never

4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 32

5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? As I wrote above - - I took four tests.

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Honey. I waited two days (and three extra tests) so I could tell him on Father's Day. Good Times.

7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Nope. It was so fun not knowing. At the time we were the only of our friends who didn't find out. Now it seems to be the cool thing to not do.

8. DUE DATE? February 21, 2004

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes. I thought it was bad. . . until the other pregnancies proved it a walk in the park.

10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? McDonalds - cycled through Bacon, Egg, and Cheese biscuits and French Fries.

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Sleeping. I slept the last couple months with a rotation between bed and couch. 3 hours bed, 3 hours couch, 2 hours bed.

12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Female

13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No. I had no idea what to expect and when they put her up to my face I was sold on having a girl.

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 38

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, I had 3. One was long distance! My friends from Birmingham threw a shower in my honor and invited folks to drop the gifts off at the church. When my folks came to visit they brought everything with them and we sent back photos of us opening the gifts.

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about them.

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Too much fluid. They were worried something might be wrong and so I had ultrasounds every month - nice perk.

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I have never been in labor.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Honey

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Dr. J, some resident, and a team of skilled nurses. Honey peeked and took a picture!

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-section. Hence the peeking and not watching by Honey.

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Um yes. Major surgery means major medicine.

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 9 lbs 8 oz

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? February 27, 2004

26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Elizabeth Joy

27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 5 years old this month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to remember all the details for Little's pregnancy and birth--especially in her birthday month :). Hard to believe how fast the 5 years have flown!

Anonymous said...

I love reading these! Gives me something to do while I take care of my sick child...when all he wants to do is watch Cars over and over!