Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas with the Kicks - The morning

My daddy makes us omelets on Christmas morning - I love that. He makes the greatest omelets. After Jesus takes him home one day, along with telling my children how God used their Pop around the world, I will tell them that he made amazing omelets. My children may not know what an omelet is because I CANNOT make one. My mom even bought me this omelet maker and I am still an omelet loser.

This year I found a crockpot omelet recipe that I tried out. After eating that disaster for breakfast, we all headed upstairs to read the Christmas story on the "big bed". We took some time to remember the greatest Gift ever given, sang Away in the Manger and Joy to the World and then headed down to see what gifts we were able to give each other.

We had covered the door in wrapping paper so that no little eyes could see during breakfast traffic. It was fun to see the kids run through and rip the paper.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Covering the door in wrapping paper is a great, fun idea! Also, love how you got Anna's family matching pjs. Good planning!

Anonymous said...

I am not an omelet maker either :(--at least you tried. I love the wrapping paper idea, too. I might have to try that at some point. Looks like a very fun morning.