Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Collage

For the past couple of Christmases I have put together a collage of all the faces on the Cheely side of our family - with so many little ones and living on opposite sides of the earth, it is hard to get a family photo much less a good one.  I got ready to do this year's and wrote the family to send me head shots.  When I wrote my parents, I said something along the lines of, "Please take a picture of each other and smile.  Or at least try to look pleasant."  My daddy has a deceptively stern appearance sometimes and my mom has this thing about her teeth (don't ask me).  In response, my parents sent these photos:

So, in true Cheely fashion I went to work and when my mom went to Walgreens today to pick up the photo I had them print, she found an 8x10 that looked like this:
That'll teach ya!
Merry Christmas!

Oh, and my sister has the real one for her, never fear:

7 comments:

Allison said...

love, love, love it!! wish i could have seen her face when she pulled that out!!!

jessica said...

you are so creative! How did you make that? do you have a special program on your computer?

Anonymous said...

love this idea so much! you are such a thoughtful (and hilarious) person!

Jawan said...

Ok, I will soon be copying you. Thanks for the fun idea.

Amanda said...

Very cute! All it needs is a star at the top to make a family Christmas tree! :)

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I know your mom LOVED it! I am actually quite impressed the everyone's funny face is so different. Nice work!

Marcie said...

It is very convenient that your family has 5 members, Andy's 4, Anna's 3 and your mom and dad make 2. Did you guys plan that just for pictures? :o)