Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

High School Again

I told you guys that my parents surprised me for Thanksgiving; here's another chapter of the story:

I had to work Thanksgiving day. Don't feel sorry for me! It was only four hours and it meant I was off on Black Friday - I was fine with it.

I really thought it would take a lot to embarrass me at this stage of life. I have birthed three children, one of them repeats anything and everything at loud decibels without discrimination to location. I have forgotten my third child and gone to leave the church for home. I mean, I am an idiot daily so I figured that I had come to terms with humiliation. Apparently not

My folks showed up at the Wal-Mart Thursday morning. They had mentioned they might stop by. How did I know they were there? The flash went off!!! That's right folks, it was like high school all over again: the proud mom snapping photos while you wish she would stop or you would melt away.

I tried to play it cool. Here was the conversation with the KID at the register:
Me: Yep, those are my parents. Surprised me for the holiday and are now taking photos of me working at Wal-mart.
Him: You gonna run put those on your My Space page?

In the end there was something to be thankful for (a couple things really):
1. My parents are proud of me and WANT photos of me at Wal-mart. *wink*
2. That guy figured I was young enough to have a My Space page.

4 comments:

Penny said...

This reminds me of when I was in PCB for Project and my parents came to visit. They took pictures of me in uniform working at McDonalds. Fun times!

Catherine said...

So funny.
And I bet you are going to do exactly the same one day to your kids when you are hoary-haired. And you will STILL have a My Space page.

Annie said...

Way to find the positive in every situation!! (Of course parents being proud and surprising you is also a positive!) :)
~annie

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up! I can totally picture your parents in action :). They are great!