Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Creative Christmas Gifts

Every year my husband and I exchange gifts that cost no money.  The idea is credited to family friends who have done this for over 50 years of marriage - woohoo! This makes nine for us and I think my Honey teared up for the first time.  Here's what I gave him:

I kept a calendar last year and each day wrote down one way he was my hero that day.  Things ranged from bringing me keys when I locked mine in the car to emptying the dishwasher to playing pretend with Little (which is no small feat).  I got the picture printed at Walgreens with overage money (free money means I didn't pay) and slipped it in as the cover to the calendar.  

It is good to have for me too - I can go read over it on days that seem harder/less heroic.
Merry Christmas, Honey.

**Oh, and if you are wondering what I got this year - - personalized ring tones and wallpaper on my phone! I am SOOO excited.  I just have to tell him what I want and he is going to set it up for me.  Have a suggestion for yourself???

6 comments:

Annie said...

awesome idea! What a wonderful way to honor and love your husband!
~annie

Anonymous said...

Love It! You always encourage me with your ideas! yea for being done at walmart too :) love the pedi- so deserved.

Marcie said...

That is great! I always love hearing what you guys come up with. Very fun! Also, I'm confused. "Last Night at Wal-Mart" was really "prior night" not "final night"? Right? I thought you had more time there.

jessica said...

What an awesome idea! I am so inspired and going to do this for my husband in 2009! Thanks for the great idea!

Anonymous said...

Can I steal the idea, too! Loved it!

jessica said...

i have ?s about the calendar. How did you keep that hidden from him? what kind of calendar did you use and where do you find it? i noticed you said it is one that you can put a picture in but i haven't been able to find any. my email is jessicamure8[at}gmail[dot]com