Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Show Stoppers

My sister has a HILARIOUS post about Christmas songs she cannot stand. She asked for comments/posts about songs we love to hate each Christmas season. My question is, "Why is it that the station playing 24 hour Christmas music LOVES to play what I hate??"

Here are my top five least loved Christmas songs (in no specific order):
1. Last Christmas - Wham's version
2. So this is Christmas - John Lennon
3. Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney
4. I'll Have a Blue Christmas - Porky Pig AND Elvis
5. Pat-a-Pan (What the heck??) is ALL I can say to this song.

Oh, and I can't listen to "Santa Baby" either.
And my other question is, since when is that Dan Fogelberg song a Christmas song? It's about two sad people drinking in a car, for Pete's sake. It just happens to be Christmas Eve - doesn't mean we should play it on the radio twice a day for a month at "the most wonderful time of the year"!!!

Deep breath. . .

2 comments:

Julia said...

I love holiday music! And to have a radio station that plays it all the time is just wonderful to me. I beg to differ on your music you hate..I love hearing them all. Each song reminds me of a moment in time for me. Yes, even last chirstmas perfomed by Wham. And Pat-a-pan well, it is a fun song to sing in High school choir. These are just my thoughts on the matter... I beleive our friendship is strong enough for me to challenge you opinion..at least once in a while!

Julie A. said...

What is this Pat-a-pan song?