Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuna Cakes

During seminary there was the "end of the month tuna recipe" that I pretty much love. After feeding this to my dear husband sporadically over the course of four years, he finally said to me, "Do we have to have this ever again?" Turns out - he pretty much doesn't love it. Still, tuna is a road to an inexpensive meal and I needed to find a new vehicle.

Think I have found it.

Tuna Cakes
Prep: 10 min. Total: 26 min. (including refrigerating)

2 cans (6 oz. each) light tuna in water, drain, flaked
1 pkg. (6 oz.) stuffing mix for chicken (you know, Stove Top - I used the store brand)
1 c. shredded cheddar
1/2 cup shredded carrots (I have never included this - yet)
1/3 cup Mayo
2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
3/4 cup water

Mix it all in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 10 min.
Scoop tuna mixture, using about 1/3 cup for each cake, into skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
Cook 3 min. on each side or until they're golden brown on both sides, turning cakes over carefully.

Makes 6 servings, 2 tuna cakes each

No comments: