Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Hooked on Responsibility


I hung these hooks over the weekend. Little was right in the middle of it all and asking 100 questions the same question 100 times. 

"What are you DOING?" she would ask.
"I am hanging hooks for your backpacks; one for yours and one for Bubba's."
"What - Are - You - Doing?" she would ask.
"I am hanging hooks for your backpacks; one for yours and one for Bubba's." I replied again.  Patiently.  I am amazing.
"What are you DOING?" I heard again.  It just kept coming.
Finally I told her (calmly - after all, I am amazing), "I am hanging hooks for your backpacks.  You will come home from school and hang your backpack on your hook.  You are going to learn responsibility!"

For the next five minutes there was a kitchen parade and the music playing was Little's voice saying, "I am learning responsibility!"