Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Harold Hill, My Brother, Rocks in My Dryer - WOW!!

My big brother is a music man (Harold Hill). Ever since I was little I remember that he knew the words to all the songs, could sing be-u-tifully, and I wanted to be just like him. I actually had the goal in elementary school that one day I would know all the words to any given song that came on the radio. This goal has come in handy while playing the new song version of Catch Phrase, but I digress. The only problem with a goal like this is that people keep writing songs (that make the whole world sing) and I keep getting older and losing brain cells. So, somewhere around 1997 (at the latest) I fell WAY behind.

Just a week or so ago I was whining to my brother over Skype (he lives on the other side of the planet - literally) about how I didn't know any Christian music anymore outside of Bob and Larry's Sunday School songs and Steve Green's Hide 'Em in Your Heart. I asked him to give me a list of his favorites at present - which he did. Then he went a step further and today sent me straight to Rocks in My Dryer where Shannon is giving away a boatload of CDs this week. (This is, I read that blog daily - send snipits to my mom DAILY - and my BROTHER beat me to this post. Must have something to do with the other side of the planet, time changes, etc.) Anyway, all I have to do for this giveaway is put a link to Wow Hits 1 on my blog (and there it is) and I am officially entered. This could be huge!!!

Just to make sure no one misses it:
http://www.wowonline.com/

And there you go.

And if you would like me to sing "Slip Sliding Away" for you, or any other late 70's or 80's tune, pick up the phone!

4 comments:

Amy Mac said...

I think it's funny that there is a sight called Rocks in my Dryer!!!

Sounds familiar!

annaj said...

How can you just leave me standing
Alone in the world so cold . . .

Anonymous said...

I read Rocks in my Dryer daily as well - how bizarre is that? I entered earlier today for the WOW collection. I hope YOU win - if I do, I'll record it all on my iPod and you can have the CD's.

How's that?

Anonymous said...

You have a sense of humor just like my daughter. I love to laugh.
M