Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

What a Difference Sleep Makes

This morning my children slept until 6:50AM. This was a answer to prayer and an example of the Lord God doing above and beyond all we could hope for or imagine.

Little has been waking up at 5:30AM for a couple weeks now and that means that we have been waking up too - KB usually makes it until 6:00AM then I can hear her rustling around and cooing to herself.

Last night I was exhausted. As I drifted off into sleep I sincerely asked the Lord to allow Little to sleep later - until 6:15AM, if He would be so gracious. He smiled and whispered, "Go to sleep, oh ye of little faith."

I awoke to my alarm at 6:00AM.
I got out of bed after the second snooze cycle at 6:14.
At 6:30 I began to wonder if Little had gone to be with Jesus.
At 6:40 I asked Honey if HE had heard her yet.
At 6:50 she awoke.
Breakfast was DELIGHTFUL this morning. WOW!
What a difference sleep makes.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am so glad you and Little felt more rested today. Maybe it is just a phase she has been going through and today was the beginning of something new :). I'll pray that tomorrow she goes until 7:00!

Bethany said...

I'm right there with ya. EC likes to get up sometime between 5:30 and 6:30. If she doesn't get up by 6:45 I start wondering if she was kidnapped in the night and I have to go check on her.

Anonymous said...

It's funny how we always think our children have "gone to be with Jesus" when they sleep late! I do the same thing. :) Funny! MO