Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm So Excited

So, I have had this project list for AGES and consistent items on that list are height charts for the kids. Now, I know you can buy these things but they are either WAY TOO MUCH or just not so cute. Then there is the "mark the door frame" concept but we are renting and, as they say, "you can't take it with you when you go". SO. . .


Last night I finally put foot to my dream (as such). Honey had already mitered the corners of this scrap wood we got at Home Depot, and he painted it pink. So, last night I painted Little's name and stats and applied the circles and measuring tape. I turned my little dream into reality and I am really pleased. Let's just hope Little is as short as her mommy when she "grows up".







And I also worked on the handmade cards I am giving away in honor of 200 posts. It's so funny - my site meter will tell me how many visits I have each week to the blog, but only 34 comments have been left. Hmm. LURKERS!!! Anyway, I think the cards turned out so cute that I am tempted to keep these and make something else for the winner!!! (the "K" is, of course, for example purposes)


2 comments:

erika said...

Cute! Can I commission you? :)
Love the cards, too.
Call me anytime. I'll do what it takes to have an adult conversation with you. :) Love you!

Amanda said...

Great idea on the height chart! And it's so cute...looks like it cost a bundle! I'm so impressed w/ your painting and creativity!