Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Rockstar!

I read all these blogs where women go to CVS and spend $.54 and get a table full of products. One woman got three gallons of milk and did not pay a cent because of CVS' "Care Bucks" or whatever. Well, I live in a major American city and there is no CVS - seriously! We also have no major grocery store chains - just two family owned chains, Aldi, and Shop-n-Save - no Publix, Meijer, NOTHIN!!!

So, when I say I was a rockstar at Walgreens today, I am speaking into the context that this is all I got - Walgreens is all I've got. And I rocked Walgreens tonight!!! I paid $18.58 for $92.78 worth of merchandise - and YES, it is all stuff I will use or was actually needing to buy. That's a $74.20 savings, folks. I am new to the couponing world but this is so great. My adrenaline is really going. The lady behind the register actually looked at my receipt and said, "Holy Cow - you had $20.00 of coupons alone!! You really racked up tonight." Yes, that would be me, the Rockstar.

It breaks down like this:
Purex: 2/$5
Oust: I actually MADE $.50 buying these two!
Raising Bran: 2/$1
Schick Titanium Razor: Free
Schick Soliel Razor: $4
Schick Soliel Cartridges: Free
Soup At Hand: $1 (should have been free but the lady wouldn't take my coupon)
M&Ms: 2/$2 (potty training rewards!!)
Glade Plug In: Free
Glade Wisp Flameless Candle: $1
Maxwell House Decaf: 2/$2
Scotch Tape: $1
Bubble Mailer: $.34
Listerine Mouthwash: Free
OH MY WORD!!!
And now, before the music comes up and they lower my blog mike for the evening, I would like to thank Teri Gault for having the grocery game available in my hometown even though we have smack diddley stores to chose from. I would like to thank the women at moneysavingmom and BeCentsable for their hints and tips. I would like to thank my husband for taking a chance on a stay at home mom like me. And lastly I would like to thank my mom for teaching me to love shopping (insert smile here).

5 comments:

Jawan said...

You are (slowly) winning me over. Now if only I could get you down here to ride in my buggy and hand me the correct coupon "savings" while I shop.

Sarah said...

Becky, you always come through to bring a smile to my face! I adore your style of writing, as it is just...YOU. :-) And yes, you go rock with your bad-self.

Debbie said...

Very impressive!

Becentsable blog said...

Awesome Becky!! This is exactly how I help keep our one income on track! Yeah (bummer though about the store selection - where could you possibly live that you don't have a CVS? We have like a hundred in little old KC!)

Kimberly said...

It looks like you're doing great! Keep it up!