Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Cupcake Birthday

Little got her cupcake birthday. She had to spend the day with us due to her sickness holding steady, but the day seemed to be a hit. It started with singing, balloons, and cinnamon rolls and continued with a new Signing Time video (a family favorite). There was the downer of having to take Uncle Andy to the airport but we tried to rebound by having lunch at Chik-fil-a. Then there were pumpkin pancakes for dinner (highly recommend) and cupcakes and presents.

She almost fell asleep in her daddy's arms as he read the Bible story before bedtime. That made me a bit happy. All day I kept noticing how much she has grown. She is talking so much now. So many family members and even a friend called to wish her a happy birthday and she talked with them on the phone like such a big girl. At one point she went to ride Bubba's rocking horse and the feet that used to barely touch the wooden base/rockers were now sitting flat on the floor!

My mom says I am so soft when it comes to my kids and I guess today proves she is right. Time flies, I tell you, and today made me want to put my arms around my little ones and try to hold them still in time.

And now the photos for the fam:
The cupcakes:
Ready to blow:

I know this isn't the perfect shot, but I LOVE this picture. I love that smile!

Bubba eats and makes art - multitasker:

KB eyes daddy's cupcake:

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday, Little!!! I can't believe she is four. How sweet the days are :). The cupcakes look delicious and it sounds like the day was a hit from start to finish.

Sarah said...

Nice close-up shot of the cupcakes, Becky!! (I know you and I had that conversation about digital cameras a while back.) Were you able to figure out how to take pics without the flash?

Happy b-day to Little!

MightyMom said...

oh my goodness! what adorable children!

what are their ages? they look kinda close in age to my 3. 4 yrs, 3 yrs and 1 yr. :-)

ain't it fun!!

BKicklighter said...

mightymom: You are right on! My kids are 4, 2.5(exactly), and 4m - very close in age to yours! My hands are full (people always say that, "You've got your hands full) of mostly joy!